Having been tagged by Byron, how could I resist…
1. One book that changed your life:
Workplace Relations Act 1996: Reprinted as at 27 March 2006 – has brought me much stress and income.
Seriously, if not changed my life then changed my thinking, What’s So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Bible, obivously. Apart from that, Lord of the Flies by William Goldman, for obvious reasons.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Waterson
5. One book that made you cry:
Ethel and Ernest by Raymond Briggs
6. One book that you wish had been written:
“A Young Lady’s Illustrated Primer” – as referred to in The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Interesting book, but inspired the political philosophy of Thatcher and Reagan.
8. One book you’re currently reading:
System of the World by Neal Stephenson
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Politics as a Profession by Max Weber
10. Now tag five people:
Larissa, Tegan, Dan Anderson, Tim Narraway, Mandy – not that any of them are likely to actually read this unless I point it out to them, but they are among the few people I know who have blogs